Tuesday 6 September 2011

Red Fall

Hi, I'm back with another fall card.  I love all the colour fall adds to the world before the snow comes and everything turns white.  Here in the Yukon it is white for a long time! So needless to say I love colour! By far I love the red leaves best and so I thought I'd colour this leaf red. It is a DDH image from their Luscious Leaves set and I used prismacolour pencil crayons to colour it with.  I added some red polka dot ribbon from modern@home and some white lacy ribbon from my stash.  The little red leaf in the bow is a brad that I used to secure the bow to the card.  And if that wasn't enough, I added three different buttons ( I love buttons!).  They have a bit of sparkle to them. (hard to tell by the picture though.)
I hope you enjoy the colour wherever you live. 
 Here's a close up of the brad and bow.  In this picture you can see that I have added just a bit of ink to the edges of the brown cardstock just to give it more of a blended look. 
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Gorgeous card........now is this a Canadian Maple leaf?
I see you use Prisma's and wondered if you blend the colours with OMS or baby oil (which is almost the same) If you don't try it you might like it!

Hannah Clark said...

So pretty! I just love the leaf and that gorgeous ribbon!