Wednesday 21 September 2011

Thinking of You Kitties


Today I have a card for a MelJen's challenge.  It is paper piercing/ faux stitching.  I am new to this, but wanted to have a go at it.  I paper pierced the corners of the image and the sentiment.  My daughter picked out the sweet kitties from MelJen's freebies to use.  Since I love orange cats, I went with an orange based card.  I distressed the edges of the sentiment a bit and popped up the largest flower to add some depth.

Supplies:
Stamps:   MelJen's Kitten's digi freebie, Thinking of You clear stamp by Inkadinkado
Paper:     Papers are from Stampin'Up and the brown from my misc stash.
Ink:         Ink It Up! (Chocolate Brown) and image coloured with prismacolor pencil crayons.
Tools:      Paper Piercer 
Accessories:  Misc felt flowers with buttons from my collection, and misc brown ribbon.

4 comments:

Jessica Fitzgerald (aka MommaJess) said...

This is so cute. I love the little felt flowers too. Thank you for playing along with the “Paper Piercing” challenge at Meljen’s Designs.

Jess

K. Joy said...

This is so cute! And I love the felt flowers, too!! :)
Thanks for visiting my blog(s)! :)

Country Mouse said...

Awww, this is so cute! I love those felt flowers!! Great job with our challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at Meljen's Designs.
audrey

Cheryl said...

Awww, this is so sweet! Thank you for joining our “Paper Piercing” challenge at Meljen’s Designs.