Monday 24 October 2011

Stuffed Hearts

Today I have a card that I've created for the MelJen's Challenge - to use Red and Gold.  I have been pondering on how to bring this all together for a few days.  Then after I discovered some gold braided cord in my sewing box, it just came together all at once.  I used Stampin' Up red cardstock as my base and some lovely patterned paper from ATD for the background.  I distressed the outside edge just to add a finishing touch. Then I added the sentiment from MelJen's Designs, matted to some red cardstock and added three pearls that I coloured with my metallic gold marker (I also added a few more gold dots).  I took apart the gold cord, then used three strands separately- tied around the cardstock base.  I then stuffed my hearts into place - secured with pop-up glue dots.  The whole base is then adhered to the card with glue dots (due to the coil being there).  It was a fun card for me, and challenged me to try something new.  

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Wonderful! Perfect way to combine red and gold! The hearts are so fun! :o)

Robin Parker said...

Love everything about your creation. The gold covered string is perfect. Thanks for sharing on the Meljen's Design Challenge of Red & Gold.

Sprytebyrd said...

SUch a cute card! I love the sentiment with these cute heart images! Great job!
Thanks so much for playing along at Meljen's Designs this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Sprytebyrd said...

SUch a cute card! I love the sentiment with these cute heart images! Great job!
Thanks so much for playing along at Meljen's Designs this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments