Monday 12 December 2011

Cupcake Birthday


Today I have a card that I've created using a sketch from the Scrapbook Sisters Challenge.  
I found this fun cupcake over at Cre8tive Hands and coloured it in purples with a green and yellow base.  I layered it with some misc papers and silver ribbon (Modern@Home) that I had in my stash and added some cute purple ribbon from Multicraft Imports.  I added the little bow in the bottom corner of the image since the image came with the sentiment.  To finish it off, I added some glitter with my Twinkles Writer by DecoArt.  I find it really nice at times to follow a sketch, it's adds to the creative processes.  Thanks for dropping in to see what I've made.

3 comments:

Trish and Treasure said...

Hi Jennifer, I love the colours you chose they look great and really compliment the cupcake image. This is such a sweet looking cupcake, too cute!
Trish Munro
http://trishandtreasure.blogspot.com/

Anne-Marie said...

I agree about sketches....don't always use 'em, but it speeds things up when I do...ha!
It took me an age to get around to liking purples....used to think they should only be seen at Halloween....but I stand corrected...I use it quite a lot now, and it looks so fresh and lovely on your card...great job, sweetie!

Tracy said...

Great colors and a wonderful interpretation of the sketch Jennifer. :-)