Friday 30 December 2011

Little Miss Saffron

At the moment I'm just loving the snow and the great big blue sky! Two of my favorite things.   The colder it gets here, the more the sun shines!  (in the winter that is, come summer, it never stops!)  For this card I've used the beautiful little Saffron which is a new release over at Little Miss Muffet's You can get here as a freebie until Jan 3rd. Check here for more details. Do hop over to the store and peek at her other wonderful stamps!
I coloured her with my prismacolour pencil crayons and then matted her to some lovely blue and white cardstock.  The white center is inked a bit around the edges and the other is cut with my deckle scissors to add a frosty look.  The decorative paper is from my scrap pile and then I added a beautiful sentiment from Dee's Designs which I also added a bit of deckle edges to.  To finish it off I added some lovely snowflakes and pearls from Hero Arts.  All this I layered on some distressed white cardstock and adhered it to my base.
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Little Miss Muffet -Anything Goes
Dutch Dare Card Challenges - Favorite Things
Simon Says Stamps - Anything Goes
MelJen's - Blue

13 comments:

Sandy said...

This is just so sweet! I love the softness of the blue with the swirls and snowflakes and the way you colored your image. VERY cute!

Shirl said...

Love how you have coloured Saffron she looks adorable on your card. You can almost feel the coldness all around her but she looks toasty and warm.

I too used the colour blue when I used Saffron.

Thank you for sharing with us at Little Miss Muffet Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

Nancy said...

What a sweet image, Jennifer, and you've made another lovely card! :o)

Pattie G said...

What a great creation! I love the image and how you used our theme at Dutch Dare Card Challenge.
Hugs
Pattie ♥

Cleota said...

Love the distressing and the embellies! Thanks for joining us for our anything goes challenge at Little Miss Muffet.

Cleota
DT Member

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) the image is very cute and the colours and design are fab :-)

Wishing you a very Happy New Year :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Tracy said...

I nabbed Miss Saffron too but haven't done anything with her yet. I love the frosty fun background you've created for her Jennifer. :-) Happy New Year!

Linda . J said...

Hi Jennifer Happy New Year to you and all your family.
Beautiful card and love the cute image, I too love the blue sky and snow makes me think of home and cold frosty mornings.
Hugs Linda

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

Way to go with your scissor. Gorgeous entry.

Thanks for joining the Little Miss Muffet Stamps - Anything Goes Challenge #25 and Good Luck!

Unknown said...

Very pretty and sweet! Love it! Thanks for joining us at LMM challenge, hugs! Leah Ann

Céline said...

fab card, love the monochromatic ! fab layout
thanks for playing with us at little miss muffet this week
hugs
céline GDT member
Happy new year

Arabella said...

Gorgeous card Jennifer! I love these crispy frosty colours! Saffron looks fab in blue!

Thanks for joining us for the Anything Goes challenge at Little Miss Muffet stamps!

Arabella

Unknown said...

Sweet Card! Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs?!