Sunday 8 January 2012

Flowers and Pearls

Every girl loves flowers and pearls, or at least that's been my experience!  I have created this card with one of my favorite images from Designed 2 Delight.  They are looking for a guest designer, and I'd love to work with them if ever given the chance! Hope they like my work.  If entered my card HERE.
For this card I coloured part of the image and then paper pieced the vase  with an added "ribbon" with pearls.  The flower center is popped up to add some depth to the petals that I coloured in a random way since flowers in real life are rarely perfect.  I think it adds to their charm! I inked the image edge and layered it on some slightly distressed paper then matted it to some cardstock.  This I cut out with a pair of decorative scissors and added the pearls for a delicate touch.  I placed this atop some lovely papers from my stash and in the center I added a border using my EK Success border punch.  To finish it off I added pearls to the corners and a wonderful sentiment from Paper Smooches.
Thank you for dropping by! Hugs.

8 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

I like your combination of coloring and paper piecing! Great card! :-)

Tracy said...

This card is lovely Jennifer! Such a pretty color scheme and a girl can never have/use too many pearls! LOL You've been a busy bee lately making cards. :-) I've enjoyed seeing them all.
Have a wonderful week sweetie! hugs!

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Lovely card Jennifer and great colour scheme! Good luck on the GDT spot! Helen x

Faith S. said...

This is SO pretty! So elegant and delicate, but playful and fun, too! Beautiful work! I love the paper pieced vase! Thanks for entering at Designed2Delight!

Sandy said...

Very soft adn pretty! I think the touch of pearls adds to the softness of the card and it's just beautiful!

Karen Letchworth said...

I love the soft touch that the little pearl accents add. Such a pretty card!
Blessings,
Karen

Cindy said...

Love your card Jennifer! Beautiful colors!! Good luck on the DT quest!! You would be perfect!! Your work is always awesome!! I hope you had a great Christmas!!

Jennifer Scull said...

I absolutely LOVE those pearls with your beautiful flower!