Sunday 26 February 2012

Be Still

I think that this has to be one of the verses that means so much to me! I find I get so busy and the Lord Jesus always seems to bring me to a quiet place to still me so that I can hear His voice!  When I actually think of who I am and who God is I can agree with the Psalmest when he says, what is man that He is mindful of him?  The Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and I think that only comes about when we come to the place where we see who we are in relation to Almighty God.  For me I am stilled, humbled and thankful for the grace that God through His son Jesus Christ has given me when I believed!

Today this card has been created for the challenge over at Word Art Wednesday.  This week I have used the wonderful word art that they are giving away for the challenge.  I have matted the verse which I sponged with some Tim Holtz distress ink (bundled sage) to some bright orange paper from The Paper Company that goes with the card base I created. I added this to some fabulous paper I just purchased, and it's from  DCWV.  I added a swatch of lace that I found at a taylor's shop in town and some gold/yellow rhinestones from Forever In Time to the corners.  It still needed something else so before I added to the card base, I added a layer of blue cardstock that I found at the Dollar Store underneith.

Thank you for dropping by and may you to be still and ponder who Almighty is, opening the Word of God and discovering the amazing plan of salvation that God has created for each of us!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Really beautiful card to match your beautiful post! This is one of my favorite Scripture verses too, Jennifer, and I did a challenge page on it last year! It's so important to make that time to "be still"...if we don't we can miss out on so much that the Lord has in store for us!...Nancy :o)

Nancy said...

Oh...and great call on the layer of blue cardstock! That was just the "pop" it needed! :o)

Grandma Bonnie said...

Your card is just as the sentiment says...it's peaceful and calm...with a touch of lace...comforting.

Karen Letchworth said...

What a lovely card, Jennifer. What a tremendous blessing when we can take God's precious Word, and just make such beautiful art out of it. It's a blessing and a thing of beauty. Thanks for sharing with us and playing along at Word Art Wednesday this week. We are grateful for you!
Blessings,
Karen - Social Media Coordinator
Word Art Wednesday

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post, Jennifer! It is always so wonderful to read of others' walks with the Lord, and how they allow Him to guide their lives. Thank you for sharing with us! Your card is beautiful. I really like how the lovely verse is the centerpiece, and the little bit of lace beneath is a great accent!