Tuesday 29 May 2012

Something Different

Hello everyone, I have something a bit different to share with you today.  I have tried a new technique of using my cuttlebug and some plants to create my own paper.  I first saw this over at Marilynn's and wanted to try it, but have been aftaid to.  What do you think? Did it come across ok? I placed a slip of Wandering Jew and a couple leaves from another one of my house plants (that I don't know what it's called) in between two sheets of cardstock and ran it through my Cuttlebug.  Then there was the impressions on the papers.  I inked the edges of all the panels with Tim Holtz bundled sage and then added a bloom from We R Memory Keepers atop a flourish by See~ds Lil stamps and the sentiment is from Heidi Grace.  All the panels I just layered over some mulberry paper with the edges torn.
I'll be share this card over at:
Stampin' Sisters in Christ - create with something you're afraid of.  For me it was this different technique.  I really didn't think I could pull it off. and make it look ok, and I actually like it!
and the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches # 36.  Well, I've missed entering the sketch challenge but wanted to give them credit in their inspiration of this card.
Thanks so much for coming by! See you soon!

8 comments:

Annette Allen said...

Jennifer this is gorgeous...I love the design and great color combo...

Tracy said...

That's a cool idea! I love how it turned out. Isn't it fun to find new things to try? :-) Hugs!

~Tammy~ said...

Beautiful design and I love the soft colors!

MariLynn said...

This is gorgeous. I love how your pounded leaves turned out. I'm glad you got over your fear and tried this fun technique. Thanks for sharing with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge. I hope you have a blessed day.

Jenée said...

This is lovely. Quite an interesting technique, but with beautiful results. Kudos for trying something new.

Helen said...

You did an amazing job with your flowers!!! It turned out beautiful! Doesn't Marilynn have the best ideas?!? I'm so glad you shared your amazing creation with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ! ~H

Diane Noble said...

This is great, and you did a wonderful job overcoming something you were hesitate to do! Good for you...and it's beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge this week. We're delighted to have your inspiration there. Diane Noble (SSIC-DT)

Lovely Linda said...

WOw Jannifer - this is wonderful - I bet you are happy you tried it! Perfect for this weeks Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team