Saturday 1 February 2014

A Bit of This and That

Hello Everyone! Sorry that I've kinda disappeared for a bit.  I've been puttering at a few different things, not all are finished.  I've been enjoying spending a bit more time with my kids and helping them with some difficult things in their lessons.  My oldest is adding in percentages to her algebra and that's been a bit of a challenge. :)  My youngest is learning to read and so story time is often all throughout the day.  He and I did make pies the other day together.  Apple ones with homemade whipped cream, yum!


My girls also have begun an art class creating Armature Plaster Sculptures and I'll share pictures of those when they're finished.  The homeschool group we are a part of got to have a tour of the local Arts Centre and it was lots of fun.  They got to find all the cool hiding spots from the pit under the stage up to the catwalk and lighting booth.
I made a fun dress for my daughter the other day and forgot to take a picture of it.  Then she put a hole in the front of it. :(  Not sure what to do about that? Any ideas?  It's about the size of my palm.  Yes, that big!
I've made some homemade vaseline and I love it.   Some I made into vapour rub and others I made into a delightful peppermint rub for my feet.


Today I'm going to be making some homemade vitamin C gummies.  Something that I just had to try. :)

I hope that your days are full of creative fun!  I have some things in the works to share with you when they're finished.

Have a beautiful day!

4 comments:

Danielle Dunn said...

Those pies sure were good! Yum Yum!

Anonymous said...

These look very yummy, enjoy the time with your children, they grow up so quickly, Have a wonderful week Hugs Julie P

SarahGeorge said...

Wow! Jane, you are a super mommy! :-)

Unknown said...

Those pies look delicious! Glad you are enjoying time with your children, making precious memories you will treasure forever. About the dress, not sure where in the front the hole is, but could you patch it then add a ruffle or two to cover the patch? Just a thought.