Tuesday 16 February 2016

A Delightful Week


Hello Friends!  Today I'd like to share some things with you from my delightful week!  The Lord has been so good to my family and I am so very thankful!

Above is a project that I'm beginning.  It's a baby blanket that I'm making with some very fine soft yarn that I came across.  I'm using the moss stitch and it's super easy and I love the effect it gives the blanket.  With using a small hook (4mm) it is going to take some time but it'll be worth it in the end.


A couple weeks ago the lady that we had been buying eggs from needed to find a new home for her chickens.  No I couldn't give the a home (but would have loved to!).  I was in need of finding someone that I could buy eggs locally from and the Lord provided my next door neighbour!  :)  She has lots of other egg customers but could take us on to!  When we got the eggs I opened them up, and to my delight there were these lovely green eggs in the cartons! How splendid!


Then as spring is coming in the next couple months.  For us in the Yukon the snow starts really melting in April.  Then the grass starts growing in May.  For those of you who love growing things, it helps to start plants to get through the rest of the winter.  So my boys have kicked off the growing things this year with a science project.  A dear friend of ours gave my son a kit with huge test tubes that he can watch the roots growing to! It's really cool and since planting a bit ago, the radish is up and it's inspiring!  He planted a carrot, a radish and then started an green onion from a scrap from the kitchen.  Next is the pot that my son planted lima beans and nasturtium in.  They've been placed in their sunny window in their room.  



Next I need to pull out my shelving and trays to begin my seedlings for the garden.  It is one of the things I really enjoy!  How amazing to see the little plants grow and how wonderful to see the plan of the Lord God in his creation!

So just a few little tidbits of my week. I pray that you are also finding pleasure in the simple things of life!

Sharing with The Art of Homemaking Mondays.


5 comments:

Danielle Dunn said...

Can't wait for spring! LOL and the baby blanket is nice. And we'll like the eggs LOL.

Esther Asbury said...

The baby blanket looks so warm and soft!
Can't wait for spring -- it arrives nearer the beginning of March here!
Anxious to get my hands in the soil again this year!

God's Grace Overflows said...

That baby blanket is going to be so nice. It even looks soft in the picture.
We have chickens and its so nice to have fresh eggs. I hate buying store bought eggs, they have little to no flavor! Those eggs are pretty! ☺
Isn't it so wonderful to homeschool?!
All these different projects around us just waiting to spark interest in our children's thoughts. My boys are getting a bit Ansy for Spring time. They want to explore and discover outside! We've been getting really warm temps here, so Spring may just be around the corner! ☺
I hope you have a delightful week!
Blessings, Amy

Tracy said...

hee hee My cousin had some chickens who laid colored eggs. They're always fun in the mix. That baby blanket looks soooo soft and the mint green color is beautiful. Best wishes to the boys on all their growing projects. Hugs!

Debbie said...

Your blanket is beautiful! I love that soft mint colour and it looks soooo soft!