Thursday 4 February 2016

Homemaker-in-Training


I am delighted to share with you all some of the things that my homemakers in training are doing lately.  They have been busy this winter sewing and crocheting things for themselves and others.  
I found this sweet sentiment online and it's what my girls are striving for.  

Titus Chapter 2: 3-5
 "The aged women likewise, that [they be] in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;

That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed."


My oldest has said for a long time that she doesn't enjoy sewing AT ALL.  Then after looking through fabric she decided she'd like to try making a quilt.  WOW! So after making the beautiful lap quilt above she jumped into making this fun dog bed cover and learned how to sew an invisible zipper seam.  Now she has changed her mind about sewing. :)


My other daughter loves sewing and now has her own machine that she can work on anytime. She likes to make aprons and other things like it.   


Both of the girls love to crochet (grandma got them started).  I love it when younger women can learn skills from older women and not just on youtube.

They make lots of blankets and pillows and hats and mittens and other odd things like hearts. :)  It's fun to see the Lord teaching them through it all and creating opportunities to use these gifts to benefit others.






Thank you for dropping by!  May your day be blessed.

Sharing with The Art of Homemaking Monday.  


2 comments:

living from glory to glory said...

Oh My Word!! I am so impressed with their skill and creativity!! Yeah for Granma inspiring them! Yes, And her own sewing is a huge incentive! I still use the one my Mother gave me! I have been working myself on a little craft... Send me your address on my email and I will send you one!
Lovely and such a good Badge for the homemakers in training!!
Hugs, Roxy

Little Birdie Blessings said...

So happy to visit you this morning Jennifer. I found a comment you left on an old blog post. Happily clicked on your name, which brought me here. What a delight to see your girls and their projects. My grandmother taught me to crochet many years ago, started with a chain and went from there. So happy both your girls sew now, a skill they'll always have. They quilt is beautiful. ~ Abby