Friday 27 May 2016

A Vintage Birthday Card


Hello Friends!  I have a card to share with you today that I made for a sweet young lady.  Something vintage and full of movement.

I had found a scrap of this pretty paper that had been given me a long time ago.  Just waiting for the right project. I added a touch of inking around the outside of the layers to soften the edges.  Then I added some lovely lace and a bit of string.  Then it still looked kinda lonely so I added a couple layered flowers under the bow.  The larger flower having sparkles that matched the touch of pink in the paper.  Then for a finishing touch I added some fun buttons that I just took off an old shirt. It's fun when those details come together.


Here's a close up of the flowers and bow.


Here's a close up of the fun button.


Thanks so much for dropping by! :)  Hope you have a delightful day!

Sharing with Word Art Wednesday.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

That paper is so pretty Jennifer and your trims and buttons really carry on the vintage feel. Hugs and blessings!

Gail said...

This is such a lovely Vintage card! TFS at WAW this week - best wishes in the draw to win a prize! Blessings!

*Vicki* said...

You've really nailed this Vintage style theme Jennifer!! Love your pretty details and soft colors!! Wishing you a wonderful week my friend! HUGS