Monday 19 September 2016

So Much Yarn, So Little Time


Hello!  I have a couple sweet blankets to share with you.  I was given this fantastic bag from a dear friend.  I had to fill it with something.....so I picked out some yarn that I wanted to crochet with.  My Mom just came to visit and taught me how to make this stitch, so I was inspired to use it.


Here is the pattern I used that I learned from my Mom.  

Slanted Shell Crochet Stitch

Row 1: Chain (x 5's) to desired length
Row 2 Do a single crochet along the chain for a foundation row.
Row 3: *DC in the first 3 stitches, chain 2 and SC into the last DC space.  Skip the next two stitch spaces* and repeat all the way to the end of the row.  Chain 2 and turn.
Row 4: DC 2 in the first chain space, chain 2 and SC into the same space as the DC's.  Then DC 3 in the next chain 2 space (which looks like the hole between the last two stitches.)  chain 2, SC in the same chain 2 space.  Carry this on to the end of the row.  
Row 5- desired length: Repeat row 4 and as you chain 2 and turn to repeat it makes a nice scallop along the edges. 


I had enough yarn to make two blankets, so one with the slanted shell pattern, and one in a granny square pattern.  They'll be tucked away until they are ready to find a new home.  



Thanks for dropping by!  I pray you have a beautiful day!



4 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What pretty afghans! I enjoy crocheting, but can't do it like I used to due to shoulder/neck pain. I keep my projects simpler and smaller - but recently I saw an all white blanket that made me want to tackle a big project again! Maybe if I did it very slowly over time....

God's Grace Overflows said...

What a beautiful pattern! I love the colors of those blankets. Someone is going to be very blessed to receive them.
Enjoy your week,
Amy

God's Grace Overflows said...

What a beautiful pattern! I love the colors of those blankets. Someone is going to be very blessed to receive them.
Enjoy your week,
Amy

Danielle Dunn said...

They are so pretty. And the quote on the bag is ever too true....