Monday 20 February 2017

A Favourite Brunch


Hi! Do you love to sleep in on some days and them make a big brunch for your family?  I do, and it's so wonderful to see everyone dig in to all the food.

Some of our families favourite options for brunch are fried potatoes, biscuits (buttermilk if possible), scrambled eggs and fresh fruit.  For this meal we had mandarin oranges and grapes.


I love to cook in my cast iron frying pans, then I know that we're not eating something extra from the pan we shouldn't.

I love fresh biscuits with homemade jam or honey on them.  Mine don't ever look "perfect" but they always taste them same..yummy!


It's so nice to have fresh fruit, but canned or thawed fruit is good to.  Our favourite for that is homemade canned applesauce with cinnamon.


We love it when we can get local eggs, and do so whenever possible.  They are a bit more, but they're healthier.



So what are your favourite brunch foods?  Do you even like brunch?

Thanks for dropping by!  Praying you have a wonderful day!

Sharing with The Art of Homemaking Mondays.


SaveSave

2 comments:

TrishB said...

It all looks delicious! I love biscuits and fried potatoes too!

God's Grace Overflows said...

Your brunch looks yummy! Fried taters are a must! I've made many brunch casseroles, yogurt with fresh fruit and homemade granola, French toast, well really the possibilities are endless. ;)
I'm hungry now...better go make a snack!

Enjoy your week Jennifer!

Hugs, Amy