Wednesday 15 November 2017

Time to Refresh


Hello!  This past little while I've been feeling the need to refresh my crafty cubby/ sewing area. 
It had become cluttered and uninviting.  Not to mention not that nice to look at since it is in one of the main areas of the house.  

So as of late, the process has begun.  
I had a sweet little shelf that I had used for the farmer's market to display jam...but no where to store it. SO, I took a hoop organizer off the one non-marking hook, and this fit on perfectly and securely.  

Then it was time to find things to put up there.  It didn't take long as I actually had lots of things piled up on the sewing desk that needed homes.  


I had these fun spools of burlap ribbon and lace.  
A fun wooden friends sign,
and some fun spools of twine. 


Here is a picture of the hook.  


Above the spools I added my little button jars that are somewhat organized as to colour.  The middle which is really reflective is filled with metal, silver, and black buttons.  
I also had one little doily that needed a home. 


On top I added a sweet lavender box that was a gift from a sweet lady.  It's full of fun ribbons.
Then some more spools of lace, and a big clothes pin that I found at the free store! 


Now those items have a home.  
Next was to find homes for the hoop organizers.  I bought some more of the non marking hangers and  hung them off set behind the sewing machine and sewing baskets. 

It's so nice to have these kinds of things on hand when in the middle of a project. 


Now the desk is cleared.  My sewing machine is finally accessible...to finish the one quilt that I've been wanting to finish for quite some time now.  

I cleaned out the drawers, and the sewing baskets so they are all tidy again.


I pulled this board organizer off the wall, and needed to re-do the backing as the old tape was coming off.  I use some extra double backed tape from putting plastic on the windows. :)  

I took off all the extra cards that had been on there for a long time and put them in my keepsake box.  
All but one.  It's a sweet card with mice and strawberries.  It was given me by a couple of dear friends when we moved in...one who passed away since then. 

A scripture verse: 

Matthew 6:33
 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; 
and all these things shall be added unto you."

It's so easy to at times get caught up in the world of creating and forget for what purpose we ought to be doing things.  
A good verse for me to remember what is most important. 
To have a purpose behind the things I create, and not just to be there in that spot for no reason. 
To create cards for specific people for their encouragement and correspondence. 
To sew things that are needed for others, or for mending clothes for my dear family.  


Do you know where you're going?  I have had this pin for so many years, I don't remember where it came from.  It has often caused me to think about the direction my life has been going.  

Are my eyes on the Lord?  Am I seeking to glorify Him in all that I say and do?  

Now that my crafty spot is cleaned up,  I can be more efficient with my time.  
Plus all the others that use this space...like my daughter who jumped in as soon as it was cleared! 
~smiles~ 
Just in time for her need to create something.  

Thank you so much for dropping by!  Praying you have a blessed day.

Sharing with Raising Homemakers.


2 comments:

Danielle Dunn said...

It looks so much better, and everyday I need to remind myself the same thing.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

It feels soo good to get things organized! I love the little shelf, perfect for your ribbon! A clean work area inspires me more than a messy one. Great job!